Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Am I too open with my daughter?!

So when I am in the comfort of my home and it's time to breastfeed Liam or pump I find it easier to do so uncovered. However my curious and mischievous little girl must watch me very carefully. Within the last few weeks I have caught her doing some disturbing things. First, she found my pump and had it up to her chest over her clothes standing in the kitchen. Next, she stole my Lily pad (plastic suction cup type nursing pad) and I looked over to see it suctioned to her bare chest (she was already shirtless, she didn't purposely take off her clothes). And last night maybe the most disturbing thing. She has brought the boppy up to my lap and sat in it before so I thought nothing of it this time. But as she was climbing on my lap and sitting in the middle of the boppy leaning towards me I thought something was up. When she grabbed my shirt and started pulling it down pointing to my breasts I couldn't help but laugh and pull her away telling her those weren't for her and that they were to feed Liam. Is this normal?! Should I start covering up?! She tries to get under the hooter hider too but maybe her curiosity would fade if she didn't see me nursing all day.

1 comment:

  1. haha! my girls would grab a blanket and a doll and "nurse the doll" or just pull up their shirt and nurse the doll. totally normal. she'll get over it and any other mom who sees her will just laugh.

    ReplyDelete