Thursday, April 23, 2009

Doctor's Visit

Well, this little baby is being very modest! We went to the doctor today and got an ultrasound. She was sitting indian style! And of course the doctor couldn't see her parts very well. We tried to move her around and she refused. Baby is going to be either very stubborn or just very laid back. Eventually the doctor was able to see between the legs, sord-of, and said that there was no sign of testies and so she gave me a more than 50% chance of baby being a girl!!! But, she said not to go shopping for girl stuff just yet. Stick with the onsies and neutrals she said. Does she know how hard this is?! We go back at the end of May and she said that we would do another ultrasound. The good news is, the down syndrome and other testing came back negative. Actually, that is GREAT news!!! She is growing like she is supposed to and so am I. I have gained a total of 9 pounds! I have 1 pound to go until I reach my pre pregnancy weight. I hope I don't go overboard :) Pictures to come this weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Mindie... I can't believe you wrote "testies" on your blog! That's so funny.

    I am excited you joined the blogging world. I will be tracting your every move :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you knew you were having a girl. Oops! Hopefully you can find out next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to cross my fingers that you can find out this next time, maybe eat a candybar right before you go in so the baby will be on a sugar high and moving around a lot so that you will get a glimpse.

    ReplyDelete