Monday, February 22, 2010

Better

Sophie is doing MUCH better. Thanks heavens! No more wheezing, boogies, and she is eating more. A LOT MORE! We are up to about 6 ounces every 3 hours. Isn't she supposed to go for longer periods of time now? Like every 4-5 hours? She is even waking up 2 and 3 times a night to eat (in 3 hour intervals). I am tired. We are going to purchase the baby whisperer book to see if she can help. We would love to hear any suggestions you might have to get her to sleep through the night. We know she can do it since she has done it before. Even if we could get her to only wake up once a night that would be great!

2 comments:

  1. All I know with being a new Mommy myself is that every child is different. With Sydney, being consistent with a bedtime routine has made all the difference for her. I know from other mom's I've talked to, it doesn't matter how consistent they are, their child would keep waking up. Good luck! Sleep deprivation is hard!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And with the eating... talk to your doctor. I had the same question with Sydney, and my doctor said as long as she is staying around 24-34 ounces in a 24 hour period and not going over that, you are doing good. He reminded me too that babies gain wait on formula (or breast milk), not on solid foods. That helped me, hope it does for you too!

    ReplyDelete