Monday, February 1, 2010

Healthy Habits Challenge

So today began the 2010 Healthy Habits Challenge. I am really excited and I think this is the motivation I need to get healthy, and hopefully lose a few pounds. There are 10 challenges that I have to do each day and I get a point for each one I actually do. At the end of 12 weeks whoever in the group has the most points wins a prize. I don't know what the prize is, but isn't winning anything fun?! Blogging, or journaling, is one of the challenges so I hope you don't get sick of me! The other challenges are: drink 64 oz of water, eat a combination of 5 fruits and veggies, get 7 hours of sleep, no soda, don't eat after 8:00pm, no sweets, read scriptures for 15 minutes, exercise 30 minutes, and whatever personal challenge you want to work on. I chose to eat smaller portions. I have always been a big eater but I think ever since I have been married I eat like my husband. Plus I love food! Once I start eating something, especially if it is delicious like
Mexican food, I don't want to stop. I have put on 25 pounds since I have been married and an additional 9 since I had Sophia. This is just not good. So, I say, bring it on! I am so ready for this challenge. I am really excited to read my scriptures too. I am not very good with that at all. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. That's a great challenge!!! You will definately be keeping busy on top of being a full time mom!!

    p.s. I won't get tired of your blog posts, I like it when you blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds great!! How do you sign up for something like that? I would totally be interested!!

    ReplyDelete